Friday, February 20, 2015

Change the world


I used to work in Reading and sometimes for lunch I would go to buy my lunch at the University's canteen. That day when I went to pay I looked to the man at the check out and I just smiled at him, he smiled back at me and said "Oh please don't ever stop smiling like that... you just made me smile back at you and made my day better", my response was another smile. On my way back to work I was feeling a lot happier, instead of thinking on how much I was not enjoying my job at the time or moaning about anything else, I was just happy. I was happy because with just a smile I made someone feel a little better and also the reaction of that man also made me happy. 

Sometimes we are having not such a good day and we are so drown in our thoughts that we don't acknowledge someone's presence, in the train, on the street or just on the check outs. Someone that might just need someone else to listen to them or just give them a smile - is such a random act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment